Saturday 19 March 2016

I love Paris in the Springtime

I've just got back from a painting trip with the Chelsea Art Society to Paris - what a place!

It was very hard not to hum various tunes about the beauty of the city as I walked the boulevards searching for subject matter.  It's the most wonderful place to paint; not only is it lovely to look at, there are many areas to set up an easel without getting in the way. The spring light dissolved and transformed the place. I was extraordinarily lucky to paint with a very inspiring group - Luke Martineau, Alice Hall and Annie Wright.

This is just a taste of what I've been up to - further Parisian work will be up in the next few weeks




Flags, Arc de Triomphe, early morning



Ile St Louis - Evening Light 








Sunset, Pont de la Concorde



Tuileries, Spring Light



Vendome and Tuileries, dusk

No comments:

Post a Comment