Friday 6 November 2015

Autumn work and my studio show 12-15 November, Wimbledon Art Studios

It's been a great autumn for painting; the colours in the parks and streets of London have been inspiring.  I have particularly enjoyed the intense late afternoon colours; the strong golden light reflected in the leaves. I have spent a great deal of time by Queen's gate in Kensington Gardens where the light on the base of the Albert memorial constantly changes




There have also been some fascinating events to pastel, the lime trees by Stamford bridge made an interesting contrast with the blues of the Chelsea crowd


  The crowds gathering for a state visit made an interesting spectacle and I inadvertedly made £8.32 by accidently leaving my pastel box lid on my stool!



I have often found that, after walking miles and miles looking for an interesting composition, some of the best are not always the most obvious

The light hitting the side of the buildings on the Fulham road was mesmerising, as was the late afternoon light on Clapham common

Next thursday sees the opening of Wimbledon Art Studios winter show.  This week has been busy sorting out framing and autumn cleaning of my stuffed studio; its well worth visiting with the work of over 150 artists over four days (12-15 november) - I'm in blue 402


No comments:

Post a Comment