Sunday 15 June 2014

Chelsea Art Society this week! Pastel Society and painting on the Mall


It's been a busy few weeks with my studio show and this glorious weather.  London has never looked so vibrant and colourful.  I have been on the Mall again to revel in the strong colours and light




I also pastelled the procession of the State Opening of Parliament and the Trooping of the Colour - you have to be very quick! I really enjoyed the pure colours and light of the household cavalry, aiming for the general impression, rather than the specific. 


I also remembered to bring a box to stand on!

I also been looking for new material and went to Highgate hill - I made a few studies and will be back for more - when I have mastered the parking. It's somewhere completely different and the views are breathtaking.


It's also been a busy time for shows! Chelsea Art Society this week www.chelseaartsociety.org.uk/ on the Town Hall, King's road, Chelsea and I have a Varanasi pastel in the Pastel Society on the Mall, http://www.mallgalleries.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment