Monday 28 April 2014

Sunrise paintings at Studio Show and Spririt of Summer, Olympia with Surface ICA coming up!

It's been a busy few weeks, organising my studio show at Wimbledon Art Studios 15-18th May (www.wimbledonartstudios.co.uk/open-studios/next-show/).  Work is at the framers and new cards and postcards are being processed. 

It will be an exciting show for me - the new work from Varanasi, with the hot, dazzling colours will be up together for the first time. I am particularly thrilled with the sunrise pieces. There will be 2 sequences of 3 different stages of sunrises, framed in groups which is a new departure for me.  I learned more from painting those sunrises than anything else.  It always amazes me that there are 2 free lightshows every day: I never fail to wonder at light and the rhythm of life.




This group of 3 is in pastel.  The group of nine oil sketches will be much bigger.  This is a rough idea of how it will look





I am also thrilled to be exhibiting with Surface ICA at the Spririt of Summer Exhibition in Olympia which is also on 15-17th May.  They will be showing my blossom work in St James' Park and London pastels.  For further details please see www.surfaceica.com







 

No comments:

Post a Comment