Tuesday 14 May 2013

Wimbledon Studio Show this weekend!

I am in the midst of preparing my studio show at Wimbledon which starts on thursday www.wimbledonartstudios.co.uk, painting walls, preparing handouts and hanging the work.  Plenty to do in the run up and it is a good opportunity for me to focus on present and future work.

Spring has sprung late in London but when it finally did, it was magnificent.  Some of the best blossom I've seen and stunning weather to match.  An interesting part of painting in London is the natural in the urban context.  I enjoyed the contrast in the trees near Hyde Park corner with the bright red buses beyond.


Blossom and Hyde Park Corner


 In some of the busiest parts, some of the greatest trees can be seen.  I have always admired the tree opposite the Royal Geographical Society in Kensington Gardens.  Bees buzzed by as did the lunchtime crowds with their picnics.


Blossom opposite the RGS, Kensington Gardens

Under the cherry tree, Green Park



Hyde Park and the Shard

Part of my current body of work is concerned with a peep at the known.  I am working on a series of views under bridges.



Under Hungerford Bridge, Midday


Following in the footsteps of Jubilee and Olympics work, I am also pastelling at ceremonial events.  The State Opening of Parliament on the Mall last week was a splendid sight.  There were not the expected crowds though.


State Opening of Parliament Procession, Mall



My show continues until sunday 19th May.  I am also exhibiting in other shows, details of which can be found on my website or email louisediggle@yahoo.com.   With the anniversary of the Coronation, Wimbledon, warmer and sunnier weather, it is going to be a busy couple of months.



Morning Light, St James' Park
.








No comments:

Post a Comment