Thursday 28 February 2013

New work for 2013

The last couple of weeks have been occupied with researching new painting projects -  views of the Shard and London streets as well as ongoing projects in St James' park and on the Thames.  The early spring light is a marvel to explore - clear and bright with all the optimism of spring around the corner.

I have been continuing my work in pastel as it suits the transient moment. it has been pretty chilly and thermals come in handy.


Kensington street, early morning light (in progress)


Kensington Street, Midday light (in progress)    









Piccadilly, late afternoon light (in progress)



I'm in the process of researching different views of the Shard and have been on various bus routes and long walks to get the wider picture. It's an interesting building - designed to be a blade of light - it catches the light on the dullest of days.  This is the first time we have seen it properly, fully glazed.  I'm going up into the building in April.

Shard and light


I have also been getting work ready for mixed shows in march:

Art@Clyde and Co, Guildford, where I will be giving a talk on 5th march about my work
With Surface ICA www.surfaceica.co.uk in Hartley Wintney
With Moorwood Art, near Hereford 6-18 March
With Quiddity Fine Art

For further infomation please either contact me louisediggle@yahoo.com or see my website www.louisediggle.co.uk






1 comment:

  1. Great pastel drawings Louise, the lighting and colour palette remind me a lot of Walter Sickert's paintings.

    ReplyDelete